Recipe: Yummy Cornmeal honey cookies

Cornmeal honey cookies. Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars until pale and creamy. I will make smaller balls next time for thinner cookies as these stuck a bit in the throat.

Cornmeal honey cookies In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the cornmeal, Baking Powder, salt and flour. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Prepare the corn muffin mix as directed on the box, then stir in the butter, jalapenos, flour and honey. You can cook Cornmeal honey cookies using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.

Ingredients of Cornmeal honey cookies

  1. It's 1 cup of maize flour.
  2. You need 1/2 cup of plain flour.
  3. It's 1/2 cup of honey.
  4. You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
  5. You need 100 gm of butter.

Cream together the butter and the sugar and honey until light and fluffy. I love cornmeal and the flavor it can add. Usually, I only use it in savory recipes, but I thought it was high time to make a cookie with it. To up the ante, I made these a sandwich cookie and added a honey buttercream filling: a riff on cornbread with honey.

Cornmeal honey cookies step by step

  1. In a bowl sieve together maize flour, plain flour and baking powder..
  2. Mix well.
  3. In another bowl beat butter and honey together for a while..
  4. Add dry ingredients into the butter, honey bowl.and beat again to form a dough..
  5. Make a nice soft dough with ur hands..
  6. Now cover it with wet cloth and keep aside for atleast half an hour..
  7. After that take a tbsp full of dough in ur hands and make a small ball..And lightly press it with fork. Prepare all cookies in same way..
  8. Place all cookies In a baking tray and keep it in preheated microwave oven for 20 to 25min.on 180°.

Lately, every cookie I've liked enough to want to replicate involves cornmeal or corn powder of some sort, so I decided to add it to the biscotti dough. The cornmeal gives them a nice, crunchy texture, while the dried cherries add a sweet, chewy bite. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife. Cut out cookies with a cookie cutter and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Sprinkle cookies with sugar and ground nutmeg.

Comments