Recipe: Tasty Plantain pizza

Plantain pizza. Peel one ripe green plantain (you'll know the plantain is ripe when it starts to become yellow in color - or purchase a slightly yellow plantain instead of waiting for it to ripen), cut into large pieces, then place into a food processor or blender. I mentioned before that growing up, I didn't enjoy eating plantains. My recent success with making plantain chips and plantain rice has certainly changed my position!

Plantain pizza This BBQ Pork Plantain Pizza makes my world go round! The base is a simple mixture of fresh plantains and a few other strategic (non-flour) ingredients. Spread with your favorite BBQ sauce, top with pulled pork, and bake until it's perfect. You can cook Plantain pizza using 5 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve it.

Ingredients of Plantain pizza

  1. Prepare 3 of eggs.
  2. You need of Tomatoes.
  3. You need of Pepper.
  4. Prepare of Onions.
  5. You need of Fried plantain.

Two years ago, I went through this phase of making pizza crusts with anything but actual pizza dough. It all started with this cauliflower pizza crust from Nutrition Stripped, and I thought was a genius idea to sneak it more vegetables to one of my favorite comfort foods. Then, I ventured over to other vegetables, like zucchini and spaghetti squash, which, by the way, was a total waste of time. Prepare a large baking sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper.

Plantain pizza step by step

  1. Beat egg,fry the egg,put it oon a frying pan on fire with little oil,use a non stick pan,add tomatoes,peper,onion,salt and season,added fried plantain on top.cover n allow to simmer on a low heat till properly cooked..serve hot.

Welcome To Island Vibe Cooking where we take the Caribbean cooking to the next level. Peel plantain, place in a food processor along with salt and optional nutritional yeast, herbs and spices (I personally like it plain) and process on high until a dough ball forms. Place a piece of parchment paper on counter. Plantain Crust Pizza - my plantain pizza is the BOMB. The crust is made from just two ingredients plus seasonings.

Comments