Recipe: Yummy Hokkaido cupcake

Hokkaido cupcake. But these Hokkaido chiffon cupcakes are anything but. What do Hokkaido chiffon cupcakes taste like? I've never been to Hokkaido and I haven't actually tasted Hokkaido cupcakes before I started making these but if these cupcakes are any indication, then Hokkaido must be my spirit homeland.

As usual, I Google "Hokkaido Cupcakes" for answers. I gladly agree to bake this Hokkaido Chiffon Cupcakes and as requested, I'm putting up the post today. This recipe was first shared by Sonia of Nasi Lemak Lover and have received many good reviews. You can cook Hokkaido cupcake using 2 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve it.

Ingredients of Hokkaido cupcake

  1. It's of Part A: 3 Egg white.
  2. You need of Part A: 20g Castor Sugar.

The method of making this soft and light Hokkaido Chiffon cupcake is exactly the same as an ordinary chiffon cake. Hokkaido cupcakes are these light, airy Japanese chiffon cupcakes, typically baked in square cardboard boxes (which I couldn't find, so I opted for the typical cupcake liners) filled with various types of cream: custard cream, chantilly cream, strawberry cream etc. Hokkaido chiffon cupcakes are the rage over the past few years and I can understand why - pillowy soft sponge cakes filled with a generous amount of sweetened whipped cream or custard, what's not to love? Make a hole on the cupcake (i snipped a cross on the cupcake with a sicssor) and pipe in the whipped cream, sprinkle with icing sugar and garnish with fruit if desired.

Hokkaido cupcake instructions

  1. Part A: Beat egg white with sugar.

I have… Hawaiian Desserts Asian Desserts Easy Desserts Mini Cakes Cupcake Cakes Cupcakes Roll Cakes Cake Cookies Japanese Cake Hokkaido Chiffon Vanilla Cupcakes A. Finally attempted this popular hokkaido chiffon cupcakes which I've pending for very long! I actually been waiting to get hold of some hokkaido fresh milk to make this little cupcakes :) I've savoured some of the hokkaido cupcakes made by Catherine and it tasted so good that I decided to use hers recipe rather than google for any other recipes :) Instead of filling the cupcakes with custard. I did this cupcake before, but this time i replaced the non-dairy whipping cream to dairy whipping cream for the filling. The Hokkaido Chiffon Cupcake seems to be the "in-thing" now, a lot of homebakers are making it. (Other than Tau Huay of course :p).

Comments